Friday, August 11, 2017

Healthy smoothies for the whole family

When it comes to my family I try to make sure we have healthy meals most days. Ever since I can remember I have been a healthy eater. I don't think I have ever once gotten anything besides water with lemon when I go out to eat except the occasional lemonade or margarita but that is rare (the lemonade more than the margarita haha). Now don't get me wrong I love fried foods and I have a major sweet tooth but I try to limit that stuff as much as I can. I don't have the most will power so when I go to the grocery store I will only buy healthy stuff because I know that I won't have anything to tempt me and I want my family to eat healthy as well. Luckily my kids love fruit and salads etc. Smoothies really help me stick to eating healthy and they are great for the kiddos too because you can sneak veggies in there along with the fruit and anything else you want to throw in . I'm going to share with you a few of my favorite and go to smoothie recipes.




My favorite thing to do when I make smoothies is cut up banana and put it in a freezer bag. It makes the smoothie taste so  much better instead of using ice.



 She loves to help throw the fruit in , she throws one in and eats another lol

Healthy Fruit smoothie
Handful of frozen fruit (we just buy a ton of frozen fruit that way we have plenty of options) but we mainly use strawberries, blueberries and mangoes 
1 Banana
1 tablespoon Flax seeds
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1/2 a cup or so of almond milk


Mean green
I love making green smoothies 
1 Banana (frozen)
2 tablespoons PB2 (I will occasionally use real PB)
Handful of fresh spinach 
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen strawberries

                 The Hawaiian 
1 cup Frozen pineapple
1/2 cup coconut milk
handful frozen mangoes
handful fresh strawberries

Some days I just grab whatever we have and make my own little concoctions. It fun to let the kids throw in what they want on theirs too.



0 comments:

Post a Comment