Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July Beauty Favorites

This weeks post is an exciting one because I have teamed up with three amazing bloggers Jasmine, Andrea and Melissa aka Melly. This is one of my favorite collabs I have done because we are all going to have something different that we are all loving for the month of July. 

So here lately I have been trying out a lot of new beauty products, I have an addiction to anything beauty related so as soon as soon as I see something new come out I think I need it. Obviously I really don't but it is definitely nice getting to use something different every day in my morning routine. One thing I do not change though is my primer, which leads me to my first favorite for the month of July.


Too Faced Hangover RX primer is the best primer on the market in opinion. I picked mine up at Ulta and I have tried several different primers over the years but I always go back to this one. It replenishes your skin, smoothes, brightens and leaves your skin with a healthy dewy look. It doesn't matter what skin type you have I think anyone will love this primer.


My next favorite is a newer lipstick that I just cannot put down. If anyone has used any of the new Urban Decay vice lipsticks you know what I am talking about. I have several different shades but my favorite has got to be hitch hike. It is the perfect orangey nude and I am all about my orange shades when it comes to makeup. Now when I say orange don't think I am putting some bright neon orange color on my lips it is more like a nude burnt orange and it is perfection. These lipsticks will last so long too even through eating and drinking. 



When it comes to eyeshadow I am very picky I like it to be very pigmented (who doesn't) and I absolutely hate fallout (of course) . I go for eyeshadows that when you swatch them they don't look and feel all chalky and I have two new palettes that I have been using one for about a week and I am obsessed and one for about a month and I am just as obsessed with it as well. The first one I got is the Violet Voss x Laura Lee collab and the palette is so beautiful. The colors and the pigmentation are beyond amazing they blend out so well and it is seriously my favorite color range for shadows. I love how it has a whole row of matte transition shades and a mix of shimmers and the perfect mattes for your crease. I have done so many looks with just this palette. Another newer beauty product that I have been loving is the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, again with the same orange shades and some pinks. It is such a fun palette to play around with and I have done some really natural looks with it and some dramatic. These shadows blend out like a dream and I didn't have any fall out. If you are looking for some new shadows head to your local Ulta and pick up the Modern Renaissance. Your Welcome!



Concealer is definitely a must have in my makeup collection and since I have dry under eyes I have to be very selective with my concealer. I don't like anything to thick because it can look cakey and super creasy so when I ordered these L.A Girl pro conceal concealers I really didn't have high expectations even though everyone raved about them. At $2.99 a piece though it just didn't seem like I was going to get a good quality product but boy was I wrong!! These have been my go to concealers lately they are so easy to use because they have a little brush that you apply the product with and it is the perfect size for contouring my nose. These have great coverage and blend out very easily, I did not have a problem with creasing or looking to heavy. I ordered two of the lighter shades one for contouring and three of the correctors. The correctors are pretty great and you need very little product for them to do the job. I mainly have the green and yellow for my makeup kit because I don't have areas for those colors but I love the orange for nights when I didn't get a lot of sleep and I have dark circles. I just use a tiny little dot for both eyes and put on my concealer and boom I had 8 hours of sleep. The only thing I do not like about the contour color (in the shade toast) is that it is a little hard to blend out you have to really work it in but when you do it looks great!



Sun Bum chapstick has been my go to for keeping my lips soft and protected from the sun. I hate for my lips to be dry at all so I always have to have chapstick on hand and this one has an spf in it which is great for summer and it smells like coconut, you can never go wrong with coconut scented anything!



I have been trying a lot of new skin care products lately because my skin has been going crazy with a bunch of little oil bumps on my chin and a pimple here and there. I have never had problems with my skin but I think switching foundations so much has just sent it into stress mode. The Murad Vitamin C peel has been a life saver and I really like that you can feel it working. I apply an even layer and immediately you feel a tingling sensation and I leave it on for 10 minutes. I have gotten so many compliments on how smooth my skin looks after using this. 

Philosophy uplifting miracle worker moisturizer is amazing! As soon as you apply it, it has a cooling effect on your skin and makes dry skin feel so refreshed and hydrated. I rotate between this and First Aid Beauty moisturizer. In the morning my skin still feels very hydrated instead of how it used to feel when I woke up with other moisturizers, it would still feel dry, sometimes like I didn't even put anything on but not with this.  



xo
Ashleigh

Make sure to check out Jasmine, Andrea and Melly's Posts!


Jasmines Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imuj183zsT0&feature=youtu.be
J's Blog: http://www.jasminemaria.com
Andrea's Channel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79xTn6mHPnE
Andrea's blog: http://www.glamhungrymom.com/tv-appearance-stitch-fix-review-giveaway/
Melissa's Channelhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQuT7vmZ4-A&feature=youtu.be

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get the ABH palette. it's taunting me lol I've heard good things about the LA Girl concealers.

    ReplyDelete