Thursday, April 14, 2016

Natural DIY Face Mask

When I was in school for Esthetics we had a day where we made DIY face masks out of products you could get out of your kitchen and I love making masks out of natural products. They leave my skin feeling refreshed and clean. Ever since I can remember I have always been into skin care and taken care of my skin. People have always complimented my skin even my sister bought a certain product because I used it and she said if my skin looked like it did it should help hers. That could be true but every persons skin is different, I never really had to do much to mine. Cleanser and moisturizer was all I used throughout high school, it wasn't until I was in my twenties that I started using face masks, toners, exfoliants and eye creams.

I used to believe simple was best when it came to skin care, my skin may have looked good because it did not have any pimples or black heads but I believe it takes effort to have great skin, it glows and looks healthy now.. I am going to share a DIY mask that will help your skin look healthy and feel good from within all with ingredients you can get from your kitchen.

Start by prepping your skin, wash and exfoliate. The benefits of the mask cannot penetrate your skin if there are dead skin cells just sitting on top of your face. 


DIY Avocado Face Mask

1/2 of an avocado
1/2 of a banana
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
juice from 1/2 of a lemon (this will be for the very end)



Scoop out the avocado, mash it up and add the banana mix until it looks like this


Pour in the honey and coconut oil




Mix everything together


I like to put mine in the refrigerator for a few hours, it feels extra refreshing so I put a little bit of the lemon juice on top just to keep it from browning. This is what it will look like when it is finished. (refrigerating is optional)


My husband told me it looked like someone threw up on my face, it may look disgusting but my skin was so soft and glowy after.

 

Before you try this mask on yourself please do a patch test on a small piece of your arm or the side of your cheek just to make sure you won't have a reaction. Everyone's skin type is different I did not have a problem but my skin normally doesn't act up unless I put super harsh products on my face. 

Benefits of this mask

Avocado: Can help dry skin and add moisture because it contains vitamins A and E, both of which have anti oxidant properties and help repair damaged skin.

Banana: Bananas are great in masks for all skin types, they contain potassium, lectins, vitamins A, B and E. Potassium hydrates and moisturizes the skin. lectins guard against bacteria. Vitamin A fades dark spots and blemishes, Vitamin B lightens skin tone, reduces appearance of wrinkles (vitamin C is great for helping reduce wrinkles as well) vitamin E fights free radical damage, helps with the skins UV resistance and prevents and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. 

Coconut oil: Coconut oil is very useful in smoothing and softening your skin cells and it helps to break down the dead cells, it heals acne and will hydrate you skin.  Regular use of coconut oil will hydrate and condition your dull skin. I would not recommend this as a moisturizer or cleanser because it is very comedogenic (pore clogging) but it is great in masks and for under the eyes.
Honey: Has antibacterial properties, which helps in fighting acne and pimples. Honey reduces infection and is a very effective home remedy to treat acne.

Let me know some of your favorite masks that you make yourself or you buy.

XO
Ashleigh


1 comments:

  1. Very nice article & have great information. spa810 professionals utilize the most advanced laser hair removal Lakeway system, the Alma Soprano ICE laser, to give you smooth skin that is free from hair. check out page > www.spa810.com

    ReplyDelete