Monday, December 22, 2014

Our Weekend and an early Christmas

Every year my MIL has Christmas at her house a week before  that way Christmas isn't so chaotic. It is pretty low key they just order some pizza and we have dessert which is usually my husbands grandpa's chocolate cake and it is so good and its gluten free! My MIL and her dad both have celiac so they have to eat gluten free. The food is just as good though I really can't tell that much of a difference in most of it. When we first walked in her front door the kids were amazed by their Christmas presents, she always has their big toy set up around their little gifts and this year she got Kaden a John Deere Tractor and Bryleigh got her own customized vw bug! She definitely knows how to do Christmas.



 B liked the Tractor too!
 Opening the trailer to his tractor
I wish that I could have gotten her face in the picture she loves these things and was so excited!
Saturday my best friend came over and we had a girls night since our husbands were both in Florida helping my father in law move back up here to Cincinnati. We enjoyed some pizza, wine and some spinach and artichoke dip :) Kaden stayed the night at my parents so it really was just a girls night with the three of us. We did some crafts with the kids before Kaden ran over to my parents house and then watched The Grinch.
 she wasn't a fan of the homemade flubber, she wouldn't even touch it!





Sunday we had a cookie decorating party at my friend Stephs house. I made a big batch of sugar cookie dough the night before that way it would be ready for the kids to roll out make some shapes and we could throw them in the oven. The kids played, well ran through the house like the little maniacs they are;) Once the cookies cooled we set out all the sprinkles and icing so they could decorate, which they only decorated one each and ended up going and watching frozen and playing with some toys.



he refused to wear Christmas pj's

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment