Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Our Thanksgiving

Well another holiday has come and gone. I can not believe it is Christmas time already, although I'm not complaining its such a magical time of the year! We hosted Thanksgiving at our home this year. We had my sister and her family over, my brother, my parents and my cousin it was so much fun. I ate entirely way to much but it was all sooo good. We enjoyed our annual breakfast picnic in the living room watching the Macy's day parade. 

Are menu looked a little bit like this
{Menu}
Turkey
Ham
mac and cheese
veggies
my famous sweet potato souffle 
stuffing
rolls and cinnamon butter
Desserts
Pecan pie
pumpkin pie 
banana pudding
I also made a new drink I found on pinterest it was yummy and kid friendly, if you are making this for a large group of people you could double it but I just used
2 containers welchs frozen cranberry  
2 liter sprite
1 bottle of sparkling cider



I'm hoping next year we will have a bigger dining room so everyone can sit together in one room instead of two. My brother in law said we needed a map to find everything, yeah hopefully we will have a lot more counters as well! Bryleigh was so tired that she started to fall asleep in her high chair during dinner but she must have gotten a second wind because she jumped up and wanted down to play. My Aunt ended up stopping by and all us girls hung out in the kitchen to talk while the guys all stayed in the living room watching football. 



I really didn't have anything specific that I needed to get on black Friday this year so we waited until the crowd died down and ran up to target and around 9ish we went out to the outlets. All of my favorite stores for the kids had awesome sales! I got most of my Christmas shopping done I ordered a few things online as well so I wouldn't have to get out anymore and deal with crowds. 
I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Let's all get started decking the halls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment